The entrepreneurial journey can be tough and lonely at times, and we can always use a mentor for guidance and answers based on experience. But even finding and building a relationship with a mentor is a task in itself. So we made it easy for you with the small business mentorship lounge. This event is for small business owners in their first 1-3 years of business seeking guidance, clarity, and mentorship from seasoned professionals with more than 5 years of success as entrepreneurs.
How it works:
- Based on pre-submitted questions, you will be matched with 1-3 mentors who will provide one-on-one mentoring on site based on your business challenges and questions.
- Within your 1-on-1 session, your mentors will have the answers to your questions, and will know about you and your business prior to meeting, so you can get down to business.
- You will have 15 minutes to meet with each mentor assigned to you, and then you will switch. While you wait for your chance to speak with your mentor, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other like-minded entrepreneurs, thus building peer-to-peer relationships which as just as powerful.
- Patrice Perkins, Principal Attorney & Founder of Creative Genius Law
- Charles Johnson, CEO of Ideal Concept Group & Investor
- Shaniqua Davis, CEO and Founder, Noirefy
- Jeff Badu, CEO of Badu Tax Services
- Britt Savage, Business Advisor at the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Jeffrey Beckham, Founder of Black Box Creative
- Jason Johnson, Director, Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Aaja Corrine Magee, Brand Consultant & Strategist
- Taylor Barrington-Booker, CEO & Founder of Cliquish
- Jen Gist, CEO & Founder of The Frock Shop and Co-Owner of Floral + Frock
- Alicia August-Wright, Event Creative & Founder of A'Vents by August and Co-Owner of Floral + Frock
- Eric Seals, Founder of Digife (Video Production Company)
- Dara Jackson, CEO of Queensview Creative Studios
- Jeri Toliver, CEO of Flyy Credit Solutions
- Johnnie Lovett, Brand Strategist at Ten35
- Kris D. Christian, CEO of FAME Enterprises
- Danielle Mitchell, International Marketing Strategist + Founder of Average Black Girl
- Terrand Smith, CEO of 37 Oaks Consulting (Retail)
- Larvetta Loftin, CEO of the L3 Agency
- and many more!
Each “mentee” will walk away with their questions answered, valuable information applicable directly to their business, and new, lasting connections! Drinks and Appetizers will be provided. Click "TICKETS" for a list of participating mentors!